HOW TO EXPLAIN TO YOUR KIDS THAT YOU ARE WORKING


I would be sitting at my desk and my Cheyanne will hand me a bunch of drawings of all the happy faces in the world and this will force me to stop and give her my undivided attention. Lets face it- this will happen alot. Your kids find you more accessible now, and that is what you wanted right? But sometimes you have to sit them down and let them know that you are working, but after you are done, you need to be in the habit of giving your kids the same if not more, attention as you do your home business. This can be hard to start off, but with alot of planning and some consideration of your kids, you can do this.

What you can start off with is a list of things that you can immediately use to derail your kids into doing something else. For example, I keep a list of things hanging on my corkboard in front of me, because when I am focused on my business, I am generally not in the mommy frame of mind. So all I have to do is glance over and start going through my list of things that I know that my little girl can do without me, quietly, either on the floor next to me or on a little table, or at least in the same vicinity as me. The first thing that is on the list is:

1. Take out the box of Color Crayons and Coloring books. ( Can find this at any dollar store)

She shakes her head/ Next is

2. Put in a video or dvd with headphones on the portable laptop of her favorite character( Mine would be a stack of burned CD's of Barney or Dora)

Nope,that didnt do it/ Next is

3.Ask her if she wants a snack of wheat thins and Cheese slices and a juice box


Sometimes, Food is all you need. But I don't mean stuff them with junk food though. Make sure its healthy stuff.

A Simple list like that can help you tremendously, especially if you are talking on the phone with a client. Make sure you are in tune to your kids needs and always keep 10 things on the list. Try to change the order every other week or they will know what you are up to. Happy Parenting!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed reading it, you could be a great author.

I will be sure to bookmark your blog and will come back later in life.

I want to encourage you to continue your great writing, have a nice afternoon!


Review my web blog weightloss plans